Social Buzz Awards celebrate and reward the best in social media communications in the UK.
These social media awards will recognise the individuals, companies and organisations who are transforming the use of online to communicate with people in new and innovative ways. Open to any individual, company or business who are producing effective social media strategies and campaigns.
Why should you enter the Social Buzz Awards?
- To prove that you know how to make social media work for your business / client
- To demonstrate your social media talent and skills to your company, clients and peers
- To have your work judged by the esteemed clients and creatives on our judging panel
- To stand out from your competitors as an award winning social media company or client
- To reassure clients that you are the best company for the job
- To gain fantastic PR opportunities
- To win one of these social media accolades
- To boost morale throughout your company and to reward your hardworking individuals and teams
How much does it cost to enter?
There is only a small entry fee of £45 + vat per entry, so it won’t break the bank to enter a few of your impressive social media strategies.
Corporate and Elite members of the MiNetwork (MIN) receive a 10% discount on entry fees. For more information go to Minetwork.me
You may enter as many categories as are suitable, however each entry must be treated as a separate entry and payment made for each.
How do I enter?
- Click the “register” button to create your account.
- If you already have an account, you can ‘sign in’ with your username and password.
- Browse the categories to decide which ones suit you best.
- Look at the ‘your entry’ section to see what to include in your entry
- Once you have registered and logged in, you can follwo the on screen instructions and complete the submission details as indicated.
- Please remember to submit your entries before the deadline on 1st August.
- Upload your report (PDF/Word, .doc or .docx max size 10mb ) in the box provided
- Upload URL if applicable in the box provided.
- Attach a leading image in the box provided to support your report (Jpeg max size 10mb ). Please note this image will go live in the event of your work being nominated so please take this into account when choosing this image.
- Upload up to 2 additional images in the boxes provided to support your entry (Jpeg max size 10mb )
- If you are entering a video, please follow the instructions provided.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to submit your entry and make payment. The entry fee is £45 + vat per entry
- A confirmation email will be send to you and a receipt will be issue to you within a few days
What should I include in my report?
You will find detailed instructions on the ‘your report page'
Tips for entering
Judges will be looking for evidence of:
- clear strategic thinking
- tangible results
When discussing figures, tell the judges what the actual figures were, rather than just using percentages (increases). This will add credibility to your submission and give the judges a better understanding of your successes.
Give each entry a unique title to grab the judges interest - try to avoid generic names e.g. "Facebook campaign
When writing your report don't assume the judges have seen the work or campaign, give clear concise answers on the brief, the objectives and results and figures should include the starting point and any increases
Ensure the links to the entry are all live and work.
If not commercially necessary please do not add additional password protection. Please include usernames and passwords, if required, for the judging
What are the Entry Rules?
- All entries must have been live to market at somepoint during the period - August 2011 to 1st August 2012. Entries do not have to be created within this timescale.
- Entries do not have to be live at time of judging but must be supplied as screen grabs or other off-line documentation.
- Do not include password protection.
- All submissions must be made online.
- Work entered into more than one category must be treated as a completely separate entry.
- Multiple entries can be made but separate payment must be made for each.
- All entries must be supplied and conform to category rules/ submission formats.
- Entries must be received by no later than 5pm 1st August. Please note that we cannot guarantee that entries received after this deadline will be considered.
- Entries are open to all social media/digital agencies, creative agencies, media owners, clients, businesses or individuals who work within the social media field and are based in the UK.
- The judges reserve the right to re-allocate entries that in their view are entered in an incorrect category.
- The organisers reserve the right to publish/exhibit screen grabs and/or submitted report in relation to the awards.
- The organisers reserve the right to verify that all entries have been commercially produced for a commercial client where relevant.
- The judges’ decision is final.
- All entries submitted must be legal. Any entries containing offensive material will be disqualified.
How will my entry be judged?
After the entry deadline the judging panel will be given access your entry to read your submission and view your images and links. The judging panel will be looking for evidence of:
- clear strategic thinking
- tangible results
After the judges have carried out their pre judging they will meet in September to discuss the entries and decide on the finalists, commendations and award winners.
When will nominations be announced?
The finalists will be annoucend at 3pm on friday 5th October via a live blog here and on thedrum.com
Live Event when & where?
The results will be announced and the trophies handed out at the black-tie awards ceremony will take place in the Emirates Stadium London on 28th November.
More information and book tickets