The Social Buzz Awards, which recognise and reward effective social media strategies, will be holding its judging day on 26th September as part of Social Media Week Glasgow. The judging panel of high profile clients and agencies will meet, behind closed doors, to decide who will be nominated and who will win this year’s prestigious awards.
That evening our judges will take part in a Social Media Week Glasgow panel discussion where those in the industry can attend to meet the panel and take part in the debate.
The Good, The Bad & The Ugly
26th September – 6.30-8.30pm Skypark, Glasgow
Book your FREE place
Social Media can be a brand’s best friend or its worst enemy. Platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Pinterest can certainly be used to inspire consumers to fully engage with brand and organisations, but a few poorly timed Tweets or Facebook updates can call for desperate measures.
During this panel discussion our panellists will outline social media campaigns that were inspirational and hit the mark, consider the brands and campaigns that have failed to grab consumers and get them engaged and also look at brands that have come under attack on social media platforms and consider how brands and marketers can fire fight when they come under attack.
The Good: panellists will talk about brands who have got social media right and give examples each of campaigns that have worked well and achieved great results for the brands.
The Bad: panellists will talk about brands that have tried to do campaigns through social media but haven’t got it quite right and haven’t delivered what they set out to achieve.
The Ugly: panellists will talk about when brands have come under attack on Twitter, Facebook and how they managed to get through it. What they did right, what they did wrong, why they came under attack, could they have avoided it, what has been the impact on the brand etc.
Audience members will also get the opportunity to pose questions and participate in the discussion, so come armed with your questions and opinions on social media.
The discussion will be hosted by Stephen Lepitak, news editor at The Drum and the panellists are:
• Paul Fabretti - Former Digital Director - Brazen PR @paulfabretti
• Jae Hopkins - Head of Communications – Butlins @JaeHoppy
• Sedge Beswick - Global Social Media Executive - ASOS.com @sedgebeswick
• Nick Jones - Deputy Director, Communications – Digital - Prime Minister's Office & Cabinet Office @NickJonesCOI
• Vincent Boon - Chief of Community – GiffGaff @vincentboon
• Jeremy Waite - Head of Social Strategy - TBG Digital @jeremywaite
• Martin Harrison - Senior Planner – Huge @mvharrison
• Jamie Riddell - Creator of BirdSong: Social Media Reconnaissance | CEO, Co-Founder at Digital Tomorrow Today @jamieriddell
• Jonathan Beeston - Global Marketing Director at Efficient Frontier, an Adobe company - @searchbeest
Photographs by Ross Eaglesham - www.eagleshamphotography.com
The nominations for this year's Social Buzz Awards, held in association with iomart Hosting and sponsored by Sheridans, will be announced at 3pm on Friday 5 October via a live blog at
Entries are closed for this year and the nominations will be annoucend via a live blog at TheDrum.com at 3pm on 5th October. Good luck to everyone who has entered!